Step 1: Watch the Video
Step 2: Pass the Quiz
Pick the best response for each question (answers below):
1) Job seekers should act like what?
- A pack of werewolves
- A clutch of vampires
- A horde of zombies
- A lone chupacabra
2) If you don’t hear from an employer, how often should you give them a little nudge, or write them a continuing interest email?
- Never. Don’t call them, they’ll call you.
- After about a month.
- Every ten days, unless they tell you differently.
- Every day.
3) What are the secrets to getting hired from a posted opening?
- Be perfect!
- Get a referral!
- Be the offspring of the CEO!
- All of the above.
4) What is an ATS?
- Acronym Tracking System
- Animal Tracking System
- Applicant Tracking System
- Aspirant Tracking System
1: C, 2: C, 3: D, 4: C
Step 3: Explore the Job Market
- Use LinkedIn to find all of the alumni of your alma mater who work at an organization in which you are interested.
- Apply for 10 posted openings at ten different sites and notice the differences in how they work.
- Buy or go to the library and look at Weddle’s Guides. Find job sites that are specific to your interests (the more obscure the better).
- Google “Using LinkedIn in a job search” and read 6-10 articles.
LifeLaunch! was created by Donald Asher and associate, Jason Morris to help you, a recent college graduate, advance your career.
Donald Asher is an internationally recognized author and speaker on the topics of careers and higher education. QuintCareers dubbed him “America’s Job Search Guru” and named him a Career MasterMind. He is well known as the author of many career help guides, including Cracking the Hidden Job Market, The Overnight Resume, How to Get Any Job, Who Gets Promoted, Who Doesn’t, and Why, and the best-selling guide to getting into graduate school, Graduate Admissions Essays.