Step 1: Watch the Video
Step 2: Watch the Bonus Video
Step 3: Pass the Quiz
Pick the best response for each question (answers below):
1) What is the single most important thing to know about job change?
- You gets jobs by talking to people!
- You need 100 leads at all times.
- You look for work in channels. That is, you look for a certain type of job; you don’t look just for posted openings.
- If you want to get hired you should dress exactly like the people with whom you will be working.
2) What is a job lead?
- An idea, a rumor, everyone in your alma mater’s alumni association, all the people at your gym, people you stand in line with.
- A friend of a friend, an acquaintance, a family member, old roommates.
- A posted opening on a job board like Monster or CareerBuilder or on a corporate Web site.
- All of the above.
3) Which one of the following is not true?
- You can go through this course in order or jump around from module to module to suit your interests.
- If you do the tasks and take the quizzes (like this quiz you are taking now), you will get a badge for each module.
- If you finish all 8 modules, you will get a certificate that you have completed the LifeLaunch Career Development Course. You can put it on your resume or print it out and hang it on your wall.
- If you just hang out in your parents’ basement, some employer will eventually find you there and hire you.
4) Which of the following statements about the hidden job market is true?
- You have to be an extrovert to get a job in the hidden job market.
- You don’t need a resume in the hidden job market.
- You must have friends to run an effective hidden job market search.
- The majority of jobs are in the hidden job market, and as a further bonus, there is much, much less competition there.
1: A, 2: D, 3: D, 4: D
Step 4: Order the textbooks (if you haven’t):
Step 5: Review these Core Concepts:
LifeLaunch! was created by Donald Asher and associate, Jason Morris to help you, a recent college graduate, advance your career.
Donald Asher is an internationally recognized author and speaker on the topics of careers and higher education. QuintCareers dubbed him “America’s Job Search Guru” and named him a Career MasterMind. He is well known as the author of many career help guides, including Cracking the Hidden Job Market, The Overnight Resume, How to Get Any Job, Who Gets Promoted, Who Doesn’t, and Why, and the best-selling guide to getting into graduate school, Graduate Admissions Essays.
Want more resources and updates? Join us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to view regular updates on programs. Currently in school? You can also access our College-to-Career Road Map for step-by-step suggestions to pump up your job search each semester. Also, browse our Net Effect video replay library to watch conversations with professionals in our community in a variety of fields. Learn more and connect directly with those professionals to continue building your own network.