Website Berkley Hall
Fearless Scholars. Conscientious Citizens.
Starting August 2022, this position provides an educational environment that is safe, stimulating, and developmentally appropriate in which students have the opportunity to develop cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills. This position is responsible for implementing grade-level appropriate curriculum by utilizing the teaching tools administered by the Assistant Head of School: Teaching and Learning and Lower Division Director.
This position includes but is not limited to the following duties:
- Analyzes Common Core State Standards and works to align standards with CTP-4 and ISEEs.
- Works collaboratively and productively with the K–3rd teachers to develop curriculum, instruction, and assessment (as well as fostering individual, department, and school goals).
- Provides in-person supervision and instruction on school days when students are physically on campus.
- Conducts all teaching and learning activities associated with this position in the event of a required shift to remote learning.
- Participates in Depth of Study—teacher professional development—groups for grades K–3 (and other meetings/activities).
- Supports K–3rd-grade teachers to consistently implement math and literacy programs across grade levels.
- Regularly assesses students and maintains assessment documentation.
- Utilizes components of a workshop classroom e.g. lesson structure (mini-lesson, mid workshop, share), individual conferences, small group work, etc.
- Co-teaches with the K–3rd-grade teachers: Teaches mini-lessons, confers with students, and leads small groups. (The regular classroom teacher is the Lead Teacher.)
- Demonstrates effective small group instruction.
- Assists in planning curriculum and provides small group support.
- Participates in weekly planning meetings at each grade level.
- Demonstrates effective classroom management and student discipline systems.
- Creates yearly plan, maintains a plan book, and implements lesson plans on a daily basis in collaboration with Lower Division Director and cooperating teachers.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with parents as partners in students’ education.
- Supervises students during recesses, lunches, and before/after school as assigned by the administration.
- Keeps current with subject matters.
- Analyzes data to inform instruction.
- Follows guidelines for the fulfillment of duties as described in the Employee Handbook.
- Actively participates in school enrollment management initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: In harmony with the teachings of Christian Science
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree (required)
- K–8 Teaching Credential (preferred)
- Experience teaching multiple subjects (preferred)
- Ability to provide proof of COVID vaccination (or exemption)
- Live Scan and TB clearance
SKILLS: Knowledge of TCRWP Reading and Writing Workshop and Math in Focus (preferred)
- Fosters a collaborative learning environment for both teachers and students.
- Exhibits a growth mindset.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter.
- Thoughtfully and effectively communicates with colleagues, students, parents, and teachers.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships; is a team player and puts relationships first.
- Teaches with courage and emotional agility–a high level of emotional intelligence is required.
- Moves through uncertainty and adversity with grace and balance.
- Ability to give and receive feedback effectively and efficiently.
- Commitment to BHS diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives.
- Has a working knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office, and g suite
- Knowledge of MacBooks, iPads and associated applications and technologies
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Regularly sits, talks, and listens
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly uses close and distance vision
- Works at desk and computer screen for extended periods of time
- Turns bends and reaches
- Works in a traditional, climate-controlled office environment
- Ability to walk the 60-acre campus
To apply for this job please visit berkeleyhall.org.