Whether you're starting your career, growing your career, or changing your career, we can connect you with career allies who want to help!
Here's what to do next
- Search the Career Alliance portal for the type of career connection and/or job opportunity you are looking for.
- Create a profile in order to request an interview with your career connection(s).
- Wait for the ABF Career Coordinator to connect you and your career ally by email.
- Contact your career ally directly by email to schedule a mutually convenient date and time to meet.
Types of connections you can make
- One-to-One Career Connections—informational interviews or networking with other professionals
- Job Opportunities—job postings targeted directly to Career Alliance members by Christian Scientists, their professional networks, and other organizations that serve our community
- Internships—job training opportunities for both college students and recent graduates
- Externships—hands-on learning experiences that allow students to apply their coursework to a real life setting
- Job Shadowing—learning about a job by walking through a work day (or longer) with someone who has that job
- Career mentoring—connecting to someone who can provide ongoing career advice and assistance
Here's some of what you'll receive
- one-to-one informational interviews with career allies in your field of interest
- one-to-one introductions to Christian Scientists with proven career track records, sincerely interested in helping you find a job
- Job postings updated regularly
- New job openings before they are posted
- Insight into the skills and expertise employers are looking for in new hires
- A better understanding of companies that are hiring and growing
And there's more
- Your personal expanded network of knowledgeable career contacts
- An online process hosted and facilitated by Career Alliance professionals
- Frequently refreshed online video clips on Job Search
- Assistance with your resume and cover letters
- Help with interviewing skills
- Support with salary negotiation skills
- Once hired – positioning yourself for your first promotion
Would you be willing to connect to Christian Science students, recent graduates, career changers, and job seekers as a career ally?”
Here's what to do next
- Create a new account or log in to an existing one.
- Create or update your profile in order to be a member of the ABF Career Alliance.
- Post a career connection you are willing to offer: (informational interview, networking between professionals, job shadowing, or career mentoring), job, internship, or externship.
- Watch for an email from the ABF Career Coordinator confirming that your post has been published in our Connections and Jobs directory.
- Watch for an email from the ABF Career Coordinator facilitating next steps with a seeker who has requested a career connection with you.
Here’s what it means to be the connection
- Post a one-to-one career connection (informational interview, networking between professionals, job shadowing, or career mentoring)
- Post a job opportunity for which you are a decision influencer, are willing to refer a qualified candidate, or are aware of through your professional network
- Post an internship
- Post an externship
What will you receive in return?
- The satisfaction that your career experience can bless others still finding or growing their career
- Being part of a career community that shares the common bond of Christian Science
- The opportunity to develop relationships with college students and recent grads
- The opportunity to expand your professional network
- A process for making career connections that is hosted and facilitated by ABF Career Alliance staff
- Invitations to local, regional, and national career-building events hosted by The Albert Baker Fund and the ABF Career Alliance
Who can join in?
- The entire Christian Science community and those who are friendly to Christian Science!
- Retired? That’s okay! Your industry knowledge and career connections make you a natural “door opener” for others!